Bernie 2016


Hey! Hey! Look down here! I have something to say!

I am unequivocally voting for Bernie Sanders for President. He has more integrity and humanity than any other candidate that I would consider voting for. I find my myself inline with his moral compass.

I want "free stuff" as the dick parade on the right likes to sneer. I want free college for my kids because tuition is too high (because of Republicans) for them to afford it any other way. I want free health care for me because I can't afford it (because of Republicans) any other way. I want my supposed first-world country to join the rest of the actual first-world and advance our socially-responsible awareness and global stewardship. I actually want to make America great again - I better explain that one.

For example, America used to be #1 in education. We are 14th today. Specifically, 15th in literacy, 35th in math, and 29th in science. So many metrics that actually demonstrated the idea of a great America have evaporated. The idea of a great America is now fabled. I mean, come on. We are fucking 2nd in the world in child poverty! We are, however, #1 in locking up our own citizens. We beat China!... and every other despotic, authoritarian, black hole of civil liberties on Earth. USA! USA! USA!

All that stated, I am not one of these 'Bernie or Bust' fucksticks who are all too pure to vote for Hillary. That is no way to get toward a better version of this country. These 'B or B' idiots are so fucking perfect that they'd let the election go to Trump instead of voting for Hillary Clinton. She's not my candidate, but she is a hell of a lot closer to my political ideology than Trump or Cruz or Rubio. You ever heard that line: "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good"? Something to think about.

Anyway, this doesn't have to be hard. This doesn't have to be a betrayal of your core values. I stated that I find myself inline with Bernie's moral compass. Come general election day, as suggested by Blue Gal from The Professional Left, I intend to vote for whoever Bernie Sanders is going to vote for. I think that is a good metric for deciding my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment