Still Haunted

When I was little, about eight years old, I saw a commercial for furs coats, at least that is what it started out as. It had a new-wave, synth, rhythm track; women; and women-wanna-be's painted up like Nagel illustrations. From the jump, it had my attention for this kind of aesthetic commanded my attention - not sure why. We'll have to talk to the shrink later about why this particular type of aesthetic has always been so haunting.

I remember Robert Palmer-ish models (all the models were Robert Palmer-ish models at that time) on a stage (I didn't know what a catwalk was). I remember an audience dressed very much like the models. I remember shock and horror as they all began to be covered with blood breaking up their pristine white make-up. I think it is time to run the tape...


I can't be sure what had me think of this tonight, but I have thought about it a million times since I saw it 31 years ago. Fuck. That is a long time.

Don't buy fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment