Create art. Everyday.

My son and our first joint effort to #CreateArtEveryday.

I want to am going to start to create art everyday. I am going to do it alone. I am going to do it with my son. I am going to do it.

I used to be a painter, that is, a full-time painter. Dare I saw that I used to be an artist. Today, not so much. I have become a whiny bitch of a Sunday painter. And even then, not a whole lot of work to show for it. I don't know what I want to paint. But I have to do it. It is the only thing that truely relaxes me - that centers me.

So, what to do? What to do? How about I just create some art. Any art. Anything. The mere act of crapping out some random strokes on paper will lead to crapping out some deliberate strokes on a canvas. To call up the change agency philosophy that I use in my day job, you cannot dictate innovation. Short of being Marcel Duchamp, you cannot point at something a make it art. Therefore, you need to find yourself in an environment that fosters creation and it will come. Establishing this frequent regiment will keep my artistic ability well exercised and viable.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment